NewsCrunch

Best of buzz

Shop employees run for cover as customer’s mobile phone explodes

Employees of a shop went through a scare when a customer’s mobile phone exploded into a ball of fire.   The incident occurred at Batala, Punjab, India, on October 10.   The customer had come to buy a new phone.

Correspondent, NewsCrunch

Employees of a shop went through a scare when a customer’s mobile phone exploded into a ball of fire. 

The incident occurred at Batala, Punjab, India, on October 10. 

The customer had come to buy a new phone. 

A CCTV camera at the shop recorded the customer trying to remove sim card from his old phone with a sharp instrument.

Suddenly sparks flew and smoke rose from the handset, prompting shop employees to run for cover.  

The phone exploded into flames and started burning till one of the shop employees mustered courage to push it away from the counter.

No one was hurt in the incident. 

Back to Top